French speakers: you might want to visit the French part of the website too.
LARP in Progress was first created in order to keep the people who were interested informed of the advancement of my anthropology research about live-action role-playing games. In practice, it is my personal website, and you'll find, beside anthropo-larping content, more personal thoughts, some games and workshops I made, and various audio (podcasts), visual (photos) or text (blog) content I created or participated in.
...but, who are you?
My name is Axelle Cazeneuve. I'm a larper with a fondness for experimental or "Nordic" stuff, with degrees in philosophy and anthropology. I aim to develop tools and concept for larping communities to use, hopefully for the greater good. I do not have a full-time job, which allows me to spend a lot of time being creative, but is also precarious: if you like my work and feel like supporting me, you can do so financially on Liberapay, an open-source Patreon-like platform that only runs on donations, or on PayPal. Thank you by advance, and I hope you enjoy the stay...
Where can I find you?
I have a slight tendency to diffusion and am on a number of platforms, with multimedia content ontent. Here are some:
- archive.org, a non-profit online library on which I host podcasts.
- YouTube, where you can follow my recent video series Loidoros : play is political (English subtitles available for the long videos).
- On itch.io: download and comment some on my games on itch.io. You can buy them as a pay-as-you-want too
- On Facebook and on Instagram to follow me more closely ;)
Last update: 2021-08-27
- [Article] Larp as Magical Pratice: Finding the Power-From-Within | Knutepunkt 2021 | 2021-08-13
- [Workshop] The Inner Saboteur: Fighting the Impostor Syndrome | Knutepunkt 2021 Book Event | With Michael Freudenthal
- [Blog] I'm getting a mastectomy | 2020-11-10 | You can help me finance my mastectomy here! Thank you <3
- [Game] Talk to Me | À two-player sandbox minilarp playable online | 2020
- [Game] NAIVE | Freeform version of NAIVE available | 4-12 players | 2020
- [Game] NAIVE | A two-player larp about representations of sexuality | 2019
- [Workshop] The Intimacy Workshop | A sex-ed tool and pre-larp workshop to build intimacy | 2018
- [Article] The Paradox of Inclusivity | Solmukohta 2020 | in Eleanor Saitta, Johanna Koljonen et al. (eds.). What Do We Do When We Play?, Helsinki. | 2020-05-21
- [Game] Presence | 2018 | A two-player larp about long-distance relationships | 2020-05-19
- [Game] From Pythia to Python | A one-player erotic game by Leïla Teteau-Surel, voiced by me | 2020-04-20
- [Vidéo] LOIDOROS - Le jeu VS le réel | 2020-02-09 | S01E01 | French & English subtitles available